how can i dispose of unused medical supplies?

These include prescription and non-prescription medicines in the form of pills, liquids, drops, patches and creams. If you do not feel comfortable throwing unused medicines in the trash, you can check with local pharmacies and ask if they have disposal programmes.

how can i dispose of unused medical supplies?

These include prescription and non-prescription medicines in the form of pills, liquids, drops, patches and creams. If you do not feel comfortable throwing unused medicines in the trash, you can check with local pharmacies and ask if they have disposal programmes. To ensure the safety of your family and pets, always store medications out of reach in a locked medicine cabinet until you are ready to dispose of them at a local medicine collection event or at your pharmacy, hospital or health department. You can check with your local public health department to see if they currently accept medical supplies.

Below are the medical supplies and biomedical equipment that MedShare accepts. The American Medical Resource Foundation distributes donated medical equipment and supplies to charitable hospitals and medical clinics. For some people, throwing away medicines may seem wasteful, but for safety reasons, unused prescription drugs cannot be donated. Modern medicine, sterile medical products and medical equipment have become important defences against diseases and illnesses that in the past would have killed countless people in the United States and abroad.

Many organisations also accept medical equipment such as blood pressure cuffs, wheelchairs, shower benches, stethoscopes and hospital beds. Only 15 percent of this waste is considered infectious, which means that the remaining 85 percent is considered solid waste, including materials such as cardboard, paper, metal, glass, plastics and unused medical supplies. MedShare is a non-profit organisation that collects and redistributes unused medical equipment to communities in need. If you have used medical equipment or have extra medical supplies at home, there are many options to donate.

In countries like the United States, most people have varying degrees of access to the medicines and supplies they need. Alliance for Smiles accepts donations of surplus medical supplies and equipment and distributes them to the people who need them most. Global Links is a medical relief organisation that accepts donations from medical providers, health workers and individuals in the community. If a drug take-back option is not available, certain medications can be flushed down the toilet, according to the FDA.

Med-Eq is a website that allows individuals to list medical equipment and supplies they are interested in donating.

Samantha Brookhouse
Samantha Brookhouse

Typical pop culture fan. Amateur bacon scholar. Subtly charming pop culture specialist. Social media junkie. Award-winning beer evangelist. Friendly travel maven.

Leave Message

All fileds with * are required